Monday, January 8, 2007

Quote of the night


Tim Duncan on whether not having Tony Parker made a difference in their game...

"It had a big difference. We won the game,'' Duncan said in a deadpan tone about Parker's absence. "I think that says something. We need to trade (Parker) or get rid of him or something.''

I love Tony...especially his teardrop...but I've always said he's not a true point gaurd. I know Timmy was joking, but I would say that they lost that Dallas game because they didn't have a general on the floor.

Also in news...Manu blows up with 6-8 from 3 point land. This guy never ceases to impress.

1 comment:

jake said...

i don't even think it's arguable whether or not he's a true point. he's not. but he is one of only 2 people in the league to avg 15 pts, 5 ast, and shoot better than 50% (the other being no surprise- s nash who gets considerably more than tony in most stat categories).so is he worth keeping around? should he just be one of the five 2guards that the spurs rotate, while they try to locate a true point? good question. it sucks for the spurs that there's only so many steve nashes to go around. which brings me to my next blog post...