Monday, January 1, 2007

First post of 2007

Ha! I beat both of you to the punch by posting the first entry for 2007! And I've only watched two NBA games so far this season. I don't know if I'm even qualified to post here.

Fortunately, my New Years resolution is to work less so I should have plenty more time to watch some games. That coupled with the fact that I will live in the same apartment complex as Jake and 3.1 miles away from Patrick as opposed to 10.0 miles should vastly increase my ability to watch basketball.

It was great to talk some NBA at the cabin this weekend. Certainly the highlight was Tom's unveiling of "LeBronkey Kong". That was classic.

Here are my picks for seeds, I tried to mix it up a bit:
EAST:
1. Chicago
2. Cleveland
3. New Jersey
4. Miami
5. Detroit
6. Orlando
7. Washington
8. Indiana

WEST:
1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. San Antonio
4. Denver
5. Utah
6. LA Lakers
7. Houston
8. LA Clippers

I read that they changed it so that the 1-4 seeds are the three division champs and the team with the best record remaining in the conference and that these four teams are seeded directly by record. That means that someone could be ranked #2 seed and not even win their division. Which I love. I will talk more about this in my next post.

Peace.

No comments: