Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rambling, Gambling, Shambling along

Hello you fine folks. My first post of this season. Kind of pathetic, but suffice to say, I've got a lot of crap on my plate.

Anyways, I'm very stoked about the rest of the season and tonight’s LAL PHX game is huge!! For me, this game has got more drama than any NBA game in a long time. sure there were the Heat Laker games a few years ago that they hyped so much, but everybody knew that the Lakers couldn't compete. But now Shaq vs Kobe really means something.

I'm just amazed that Phx, LAL, and Dallas all went from having a lot of talent, to having a scary amount of talent.

I'm loving the way the playoff picture is shaping up. Every matchup in the west is marvelous. Although the East is still sucking, at least it's got some heft at the top. I think the C's or the Pistons would be formidable opponents for anybody and make a legitimately compelling Finals. Sorry bron bron and DHow.

My money is still on KG and crew to win it all, but man it all just got a lot more interesting this past month.

3 comments:

dullstone said...

I watched that game too, great game, lots of fun:)

I can't wait for playoffs either. It is going to be a fricken rumble in the west. I really don't think the West has had 8 (9) teams this strong together in my lifetime.

And i'm impressed you don't think Boston and Detroit suck. You must have very keen insight.

SAS picked up Kurt Thomas. I'm curious what yous think about that. They traded Barry, um, someone else, and a 2009 first round pick. I haven't seen Thomas in a while. I seem to remember he was decent in PHX. But is he really worht the value that SAS gave up? i wasn't even sure he is worth the First round pick alone. I'm confident SAS knows better than me, but still, i'm jsut curious waht others think.

Patrick said...

He's a great defender and can hit the mid range shot. Good move by SA.

dullstone said...

Well, good then. I jsut couldn't remember him too well.