Friday, February 1, 2008

Gasol to L.A Lakers!!!

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html

"The Lakers will also receive the Grizzlies second round draft choice in 2010. In exchange Memphis will receive forward Kwame Brown, guard Javaris Crittenton, guard Aaron McKie (who the Lakers signed earlier today), the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010. "

Wow! Just Wow! Thats pretty exciting, and seems like the biggest thing LA lost were draft picks. Isn't Kwame the one that always messes up?

So what do you think LAs Finals chances are now? Seems to me about as good as anyone if they are healthy. What with SA slumping, Dallas being Dallas, and LA always plays Pheonix well it seems. I don't know. Course can't forgbet the hornets, but since they are never ever ever televised, i dont' even know how they play, except that they win.

One last thing, Who the heck is Marc Gasol? Paul's younger brother?

3 comments:

dullstone said...

Oh wait, Kwame was the center, i was thinking of someone else, a smaller guy. I think they traded the guy i was thinking of earlier.

jeremy said...

Holy. Shit.

I guess it's been a busy Friday cuz I just sat down at home and opened NBA.com to check out the upcoming televised games so I could record any good ones (be in NOLA til Wed.) and saw this.

My heart actually fluttered a little. I was genuinely scared to see what we gave up for this guy (that should tell you how much I believe in Kupchak). I understand his value but I just don't think he plays good 'D' and he's always seemed to lack cajones to me. Anyway, I expected Kwame & Farmar or Kwame & Vlad or Kwame & Odom or Kwame and anyone-else-that-I've-grown-attached-to.

I'll probably have lots more to say about this later but I'm pretty satisfied. I liked Crittenden a lot but we were 4 deep at PG so he deserved playing time elsewhere. You know what I think of Kwame. A couple of 1st rounders are a little hard to part with but we're pretty deep already... I'm not sure we'd have room for 2 more picks in the 20s.

Other than that, we traded Pau's little brother Marc who I've never seen play so I can't really comment. He's a biggie though. 5 years younger and listed at 7-1 & 280lbs.

Have brothers ever switched teams in a trade before?

I wonder how much Jerry West helped orchestrate (he was the GM in Memphis until last season & Kobe practically threw a fit for him to come back & replace Kupchak over the summer)?

Anyhow - gotta hit the road.

jake said...

if i was you jeremy, i'd be the happiest guy on the block right now.

i think this gives the lakers a great shot. i agree about gasol, he's not my favorite guy, but having him instead of kwame is a huge plus in my opinion. once bynum is back in there, watch the F out.

is it too late to change my darkhorse? are they WAY too good to be a darkhorse now?

yea i thought so too. GO UTAH!