Tuesday, June 5, 2007

POLL TIME!!!!!

So, let's say you're Portland. Although it would be tough to be an entire city, let's just say you are. Anyways, you have the first pick in a really exciting draft. Do you trade it. I'm reading some people who say they wouldn't trade the pick for anybody, which I think is reTARDed. (That's with a capital TARD folks).

Now, as the days go by, I become less and less of a LBJ fan. But I would hand over the first pick for him like it was covered in ebola infested monkey crap, if I get Bronbron in return. But it got me thinking as to where the cut off is. Timmy's getting old, but I would still trade it for him. Same for Kobe. It starts to get iffy around the KG and TMac area.

Then that got me thinking. ol' Mark "frankenstein" Cuban is pretty crazy. He's obviously a little peeved at the moment and might want to do something drastic. So your Portland. the Cubester calls you up and offers you the Dirkster for that pick. Do you bite? Dirk's a pretty proven player. He might have some issues being clutch, but you are getting a guaranteed all-star. first picks are busts half the time, no matter the hype. whatcha going to do?

3 comments:

jake said...

i'm portland

cubester: "hey portland, whaddya say i slide you the dirkster and you give me that no. 1 pick you lucked into?"

portland(me): "what? hold on frankenstein i gotta get you on speaker phone.. (covering the handset) hey guys! you gotta get in here! the cubester just told me he wants our draft pick this year.. and get this.. he's says he'll give us DIRK! HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAH What an idiot! (uncover the phone) i can't believe you're serious! Woot! Woot! piss off loser good luck peddling your german elsewhere! i heard GSW could use some help!HAHA!"



sorry. dirk is good, but this is unfair for me. i wouldn't trade patrick for dirk. no offense patrick.

Patrick said...

i do take offense!

Jimi said...

Maybe they'll trade that pick for Kobe. Ha!

I think they would be dumb to not take Dirk for that pick. I mean, he's a little soft and apparently can't win a title but that's already aiming a little high for the Jailblazers. They need to make the playoffs first.

Sure, Oden or Durant could be really awesome in a few years but they could also be busts. With Dirk you know you're getting a proven All-Star (sort of MVP) that has a career average of 22 pts and 9 rebounds and he can contribute right away. Not to mention he's the only 7-footer that can really shoot 3's and he makes almost 90% free throws. Besides, he's only 29, he's got probably 5 really good years left.

I mean Oden and Durant look really good but what are the chances that one of them is the next LeBron? I'd say the probability of them ending up being worse than Dirk is much higher.