Tuesday, June 12, 2007

basketblogger of the month

i nominate jeremy winter for his informed and intelligent basketbloggs.

in my 'who would you choose' post, i think jer brought up a good point about coaching and supporting cast. you have to wonder - what if PJ wasnt there?

also, i have to agree that timmy is not the best choice and for exactly the reasons jeremy cited. he's a PF playing at center. and in my opinion what you need to build a team around is a center. which is exactly why i didnt pick mj. i dont care how good a guard is, i think you have to go big in this situation. (although i can't get behind your inclusion of shaq here jer. i just can't.) if i knew more about wilt and kareem i may follow suit there, but shaq over olajuwon? i dunno...

anyone wanna rip me to shreds now that i dissed jordan?
bring it!
olajuwon!

ps sorry jer- i stole your badge picture from work. i bet you hate that picture

2 comments:

Patrick said...

I second the nomination. He should really be a sports columnist...instead of whatever he really does for a living. By that photo, I would say its probably something to do with rivers and lead and "taking care of".

jeremy said...

that's funny... I appreciate the nomination but I think Mollie would be against it as she's already unhappy w/ my obsession w/ sports (especially NBA)

btw - not a pleasant experience seeing your own face when you open up a webpage expecting to see a new topic of discussion :) -- a bit of a 'what the...??' reaction actually