Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Greatest Centers

Espns got a a new list of the top 10 greatest centers. It all looks pretty good to me. I don't know if I would have had Kareem number one. And I definitely would have put Hakeem before Shaq. But I can't say the list is a joke. I also found it interesting that the total votes after Hakeem at number 5 really is where the drop off is. I guess it's easy to say that there have been 5 truly great centers, then all the rest.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestCenters


3 comments:

Chad said...

Its hard to see how Wilt isn't #1 when his numbers are next to the others. 30.1 ppg and 22.9 rpg is pretty amazing (I know he didn't have a lot of competition though). I also agree that Hakeem should have been above Shaq. Hakeem had more skill and was the more complete center (he actually played defense).

Jimi said...

I'm kind of surprised that Dirk didn't get any votes at all.

I guess he's not a true "center" but has there ever been another 7 footer that can shoot 3's like that?

If Dallas wins a couple championships maybe he'd get some votes.

jeremy said...

yeah - Wilt should definitely be #1. And I don't know how Shaq made it above Hakeem. He does have 4 championships but Hakeem spanked him in their 1 on 1 matchups (finals especially).