Friday, March 9, 2007

Completely Off topic


So I saw this movie last night called "The Machinist". I don't know if anybody else has seen it, but I had never heard of it. It was pretty good, and I would recommend checking it out. Yet that is not why I'm making this entry.

So I'm watching this movie, and about 10 minutes into it friggin hits me. That's fucking Batman! That's Christian Bale! I couldn't believe it.

Anyways, I always thought that Eddy Nortons physical transformation for "American History X" took the cake, but not so anymore. Christian Bale did it reverse style. The dude got down to 120lbs for this role. And then get this. The next movie he did was Batman. According to Wikipedia, he was a buck 80, then dropped 60lbs for "The Machinist". Then went up to 220lbs for Batman. I'm flabbergasted.

Anyways, who's got votes for most dedicated physical transformation for a movie role? My nominations would be..

Christian Bale (The Machinist)
Ed Norton (American History X)
Deniro (Raging Bull)

1 comment:

Chad said...

Yeah I just saw that movie for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was disturbing how skinny he was.
Also not as much weight, but Donnie Wahlberg lost 43 pounds (imdb.com) for his role in the 6th sense (the dude who shot bruce).