Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Playoffs, Lotto and Blazers

So the wounds are finally starting to heal for me. I'm begining to get over the Rockets loss. now don't get me wrong, it still stings. But at least I can look at the sports web-sites now. I was avoiding them because I didn't want to accidentally read anything about the Rockets and just get depressed.

Well, anyways, the playoffs are chugging along and it pretty much goes without saying that it's SA v DET for the title. Unfortunately, I'm just not really feeling that series again. From the beginning of the playoffs it was the most likely result, and now that we are on the cusp of it happening, I kind of feel bored with the idea. I'm probably just bitter.

Yet, all is not lost for my love of the NBA. I'm kind of getting excited about another potential team to root for. Years ago I used to love the Kings. It had a lot to do with living in the bay-area, since it was the closest NBA franchise. (I think most people in the bay area tried to ignore the existance of GSW). Plus, the great rivalry that Sactown had with those bastard lakers. Then the Kings started to suck. made bad trades. made even worse contract extensions. So I was back to just rooting for the Rockets. It's funny how Addelman ties into all this too.

But man that will all change if Portland drafts Durant. having 2 UT alums is kind of big for me. I don't know why. I didn't even go to school in Austin. Plus, that Brandon Roy kid is pretty cool. I might not agree with his politics, but at least he has opinions that have some thought behind them. So, suffice to say, if Portland takes Durant, I'm going to be intrigued, and really go out of my to try and watch as many games of theirs as possible.

2 comments:

jake said...

i may have to add them to my list of teams to root for too.
speaking of which, i find myself rooting for UTA a little bit these days (sorry man i know the wound isn't fully healed yet). i've seen some great ball from them in this SA series. and that D Williams kid is insane. 22 yrs old?! wow.
as i get older, i find that i root for lots more teams.
i even almost liked the nuggets towards the end there. i just can't seem to shake my extreme distaste for melo. of course, he'll probably end up like ron artest and i'll just feel sorry for him instead of disliking him.

jeremy said...

seems like only yesterday they were the JailBlazers...

I like Nate McMillian but they need a better coach and 2-4 smart veteran leaders if they're going to win.

Also, I seriously doubt Portland is going to take Durant, but I could be wrong.