Friday, July 20, 2007

More Rockets Talk. To the Extreme like Maximus James!

Well, since I don't know if anybody besides Patrick and myself are checking this, I'll keep focusing my posts about the Rockets. Mainly because the Rockets' Off-seasons tend to be more fullfilling than the Rockets' post-seasons. zing.....

So, the Franchise returns! I don't know what to make of this. I was a Francis fan when he played for the team, but when he got traded, I turned against him. Or maybe I didn't really turn against him, I just stopped caring about him. He turned out to not be very good. While he was with the Rockets he was considered a Franchise player. He was mentioned in the same sentences as AI and Kobe and VC. Then he lost all that and became another so-so player making max money.

Nevertheless, the Rockets are friggin loaded at PG. They have Alston, MJames, Francis, The Third, and the rookie Brooks.

The Third is definitely out. They are trading him somewhere for something. He said before the Summer league that he wanted out. Now it's obvious that the Rockets have no need for him

Alston in probably being traded as well. Which I'm not shedding any tears for. Nothing against the guy. I just didn't think he was that quality of a PG.

So does that mean that the promising rookie gets third string duties? kind of crappy for him.

The other thing is that MJames and Francis play like SG's not like PG's. we need a PG in the mold of Chris Paul or Steve Nash. We have plenty of guys who can score, we don't need our PG's scoring. So can those guys make the switch?

There's no doubting that we have the talent, now the question is, do we have the right talent.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Yea, if you didn't post, I was gonna...

I'm not sure about this either. I never was a huge francis fan. But hey, he's cheap and he was good before...maybe he can be again.

I wanna see that rookie get more playing time.

I like alson though he may be shipped. His D is pretty damn good and when he's focused, he runs an offense pretty well. But his driving skills are lack luster and his 3 is sparatic.

And what about Head? Is he out too?

Likely trade:

Sura, Head, Alston for another big?

I'd like to get Haslem over here...but thats not gonna happen.

I like Head a lot, but he certainly can't take any time at PG anymore. He was terrible at it.